Friday, December 21, 2018

Entry 37: A largely routine meeting

It’s been a night since I found my first SG. I’m not suffering any side effects from the Five Thought-Stopping Meditations, and my body is in good condition. So I head for the student council room. We need to talk about what to do next…

[And thence we go.]

Leo :: Good morning. Not that we’re all present, let’s discussing our plans going forward. First, about Miss Tohsaka. She referred to herself as an “ego.” According to Sakura, that was a copy, emitted from the real Miss Tohsaka – a kind of virtual apparition.

Julius :: A virtual apparition…a kind of familiar used by wizards, a goblin. Usually it would be nothing but an enemy program implementing the caster’s desires, but as this is a directly copied offshoot of the original person’s character, no amount of capacity will be enough.

Sakura :: On Earth that would be true. I think Miss Rin is controlling her branch-selves using the Moon Cell’s processing power.

Leo :: I see. So she wasn’t just putting on airs by calling herself the queen of the moon. That copy had A rank abilities as a Master. Given that that was one quarter, we could be about to calculate how powerful the real thing is. …this is more of a problem than I expected. It might be a short cut to capture the copies one by one. Next, about the Sakura Labyrinth. We’ve confirmed the presence of a new layer past the shield. We think that the lower layers will eventually reach the near side. This is because —

Julius :: Because Rin Tohsaka was guarding it. She told us she wouldn’t let us leave the far side of the moon. Therefore, there is one reason she blocked our path. Because the Labyrinth is a way out.

Leo :: Right. That’s the logical conclusion. …well, why has Miss Tohsaka committed such crimes? Did she have enough power to trap us on the far side of the moon and make that strange Lancer her Servant? This conclusion is as yet uncertain…but it’s clear that she is different from the Rin Tohsaka we all know.

I nod, agreeing with him. …I remember the terrible things I saw in the castle’s torture chamber. I don’t think Rin would do something like that. And if she did, there must be some kind of reason.

Gawain :: Is that so? Lady Rin was our greatest enemy in the Holy Grail War. These present crimes may also be a tactic to overthrow Leo. She was a pragmatist. Would she not be prepared to steal magic from other Masters to make herself stronger?

…unfortunately, we can’t disprove that. Rin Tohsaka may have been a likable person, but she was at the same a cool-headed wizard. Honestly if she thought she could bring down Leo by throwing away all her pride, then maybe —

[>] …no, Rin wouldn’t do that.
> …just maybe…

No, Gawain’s opinion is just speculation. The Rin I know would never do that.

Leo :: I feel the same way. I can affirm that Miss Tohsaka would never do such things.

Sakura :: Why is that? I would think the two possibilities to be about even…

Leo :: It’s simple. In a certain sense, I trust Miss Tohsaka more than anyone else. She has lost her true self. I want to return it to her by any means possible. That the student council’s current policy. Are there any objections?

Leo…! A warm feeling wells up inside of me, hearing Leo trusts Rin, his rival in the Grail War, so much…!

Leo :: Then, our next operation will be to contact Miss Tohsaka and learn from her behavior what has happened. However…we are still not able to over come the difference in power between Lancer and Hakuno’s Servant. I am the president, but I cannot easily leave the student council room. Therefore, for now we’ll make it our policy to retreat if necessary and continue to build your experience in the Sakura Labyrinth.

Julius :: …Indeed. If only we had at least one more Servant able to go out and fight.

[…Assassin… :(]

Forget about the “president can’t leave the student council room” thing, we can’t do this if Leo isn’t providing backup. It’s true that it would be nice to have one more Master with a contracted Servant, but…

Sakura :: Huh? But Miss Jinako in the the janitor’s room has a Servant?

Julius :: What!?

Gawain :: What!?

Jinako :: *choking sound*…! Ah-ah-ah, didn’t expect that, you made me get soda on the futon…! Anyway, Sakura, what’re you saying!? Tattling on people’s equipment is a violation of privacy, y’know!

[…I assume she’s talking to us over her computer network somehow.]

Leo :: Oh my. But eavesdropping isn’t a violation of privacy? Well, I thought it was harmless so I let it be, but the situation has changed. Hakuno, to the janitor’s room. I cannot let valuable fighting forces go to waste. Please bring Jinako here.

Jinako :: Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah…!

…Well that was an unexpected turn of events. I don’t think it’ll be easy to persuade Jinako, but I’ll head for the janitor’s room anyway.

Unchanged from the original at https://tsukinoura.wordpress.com/2013/07/17/entry-37-a-largely-routine-meeting/. Please support the original translator.

No comments:

Post a Comment