Friday, December 21, 2018

Entry 36: On marriage and gardening

[After ending the day, I'm given the option to view the new SG. It looks like this:]


I leave the Sakura Labyrinth and head back to my private room. Exposing Rin’s hidden SG. Rin disappearing like an illusion we had dispelled. …exploring the Labyrinth took a surprising amount of physical energy. Sleepiness steals over me immediately as soon as I rest my body. Caster lets out a heavy sigh, as if trying to expel her exhaustion from her body - or is she perhaps feeling down?

Caster :: I'm really sorry, Master... That was my failure. I got too optimistic, even knowing how weakened I am. Aah, who does that lizard-woman think she is, to make me disgrace myself in front of my Master! My tails feel like they're about to multiply out of sheer frustration!

To be frank, she's not the only one who's frustrated. We didn't lose because of Caster - it was because I was useless when it comes to both my roles as backup and command. I admonish myself. Before I get back my memories, I'll need to retrain my body. Actually, Rin said something interesting. “Hakuno Kishinami is the type who’ll turn the tables on you eventually if you just let her go.” I think she’s overestimating me, but in order to live up to those words, I'll do my best to gain experience with Caster.

Caster :: Experience? Experience with Master, you say?? Just a moment, I'll show you my Tamamo-style Futon Making Technique!

.............
 I quietly stand up and head towards the door. I'll sleep in the Student Council room tonight.

Caster :: Oh, that's not what you meant? Ah, experience in the academic sense. Alriiiight, I get it. Darn.

Caster :: But seriously, I'm happy. To gain experience together means that even when we're hurt or in a bad spot, we're fighting together, right? That - is what I call husband-and-wife teamwork! Spin it any way you like, that's my definition of happiness! Wait - does this mean we get to do the whole "newlywed experience" over again? Have I perhaps won the metaphorical lottery?

...
As usual, I can't really understand what Caster's talking about, but I am definitely still unmarried. Is she perhaps trying to scam me again? In any case - what a relief. Caster seems to be back to herself again. My memories are still fuzzy, but it hurts my heart to see Caster feeling down. I certainly need to regain my ability as a master, but it seems that my memories are still a priority. It would make things a lot less complicated if the "secrets of my heart" had been sealed into SGs like Rin's, though.

Caster :: Ah, um... I don't think you have any SGs, or rather, I don't think you'd be able to hide anything successfully?

I'm not hiding anything, huh. I suppose that's obvious if you consider the state I'm in - even if I did have secrets, I've forgotten all about them. So, if that's true, does that mean Caster's the same way?

Caster :: Eh? "Caster must not have anything to hide, right?" - did I hear you right? O-o-of course! I, Caster, have absolutely nothing to hide, and sincerely present myself for you to use as you please! Hoho, ho, ho... Gah, I can't do it! Please don't look at me with eyes that pure! Hmmph. I do. I've got them. I'm a god, you know.

Caster :: I've got one or two, or a few thousand. Enough to pawn off to the masses. But I'm not so easy to pry open! I've still got my pride as a woman. And unless you exert enough Hunk Power to separate me from them, I'm never telling! Do you wish to challenge my secrets? If so, I say best be prepared!

[Caster's got a stated preference for "Ikemen Tamashii", or handsome/hunk souls. It's a gender-neutral term in Japanese, but I can't think of a good replacement here. Generally I'd just use handsome, that's probably closer, but Handsome Power sounds weird. Anyway, Hakunons of the world, forgive me.]

So Caster has SGs too... Or I suppose "had" would be a better word. I wonder how well I must have known her before. It seems I'll have to reveal them once again...

Once again, thank you WADA.

[The game tells me I'll need to deepen my relationship with my servant in order to unlock their SGs. But for now, it limits me to the base screen.]

No comments:

Post a Comment