Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Entry 40: Keeping things brief

Caster :: Rin wound up self-destructing this time too, so we had it pretty easy, but if you think about it, these so-called "SGs" really are quite scary. The book hidden under your bedsprings... The secret folder on your hard drive... The poems you wrote in middle school... Generally, the things you try to hide are pretty embarrassing, right?

Caster :: Having those revealed to someone you know - for that matter, someone you see as a rival... At that point, the only two options left for you would be murder and moving somewhere very, very far away. I'm not sure if there really are three, but we had better hope that the next of Rin's secrets is something relatively normal.

[With that we move on to the next morning.]

Leo :: Good morning. Did you sleep well? …Excellent. Well, this will be a short message, so listen and don’t doze off. We won’t have a briefing today. As soon as you finish your preparations, head to the third layer of the Labyrinth. Sakura and I will also be preparing. …well then, later, in the Labyrinth.

Messaged conveyed, the signal from the student council cuts off. It was a courteous, Leo-like correspondence, but it also sounded like he couldn’t afford to waste a second. Now that we’ve reached the third layer of the Labyrinth, things may be getting harder for the support team as well. I can’t waste time either — I should get ready and then go to the third Labyrinth layer.

[Then further down the hall.]

Shinji :: Ugh, they’re just closing the curtains to show off aren’t they. Is Leo trying to hide the details of their actions? But I’ve seen Kishinami go and hide in the cherry tree with that stupid face of hers. I’ll just gather information, and…

Shinji is in front of the student council room. He’s trying to find a gap in the curtains to peek inside through by trial and error, and he hasn’t noticed me behind him. Naturally, I should say something to him.

[>] Sorry for my stupid face
> Goood morning!

Shinji :: Uwaah!? Y-you, Kishinami! Why’re you…!
Why, he asks me…I think it’s natural for me to be here, as the general affairs officer for the student council. The question is what is Shinji doing here? Perhaps as one who possesses the characteristics of Rin’s SG01, despite what he said before he really has some interest in the council —

Shinji :: Nope, none.

None?!

Shinji :: I mean, you gave up on recruiting a man of superior talent like me after just one try, didn’t you? The student council has been a great failure from that moment forward. So I’ve got no duty to offer to help you guys out, see? It’s problem that’ll solve itself eventually, anyway. So I’m just checking to see if you guys are doing anything superfluous.

Is that so…? It would’ve been very heartening to think Shinji was going to join the student council, but if he doesn’t want to, there’s nothing I can do. I’ll just have to keep on doing what I can do.

[Hakuno starts to walk away.]

Shinji :: ……hey. Why do you just asset to things like that! Shouldn’t you be more…something!? You’re really thick, aren’t you Kishinami. I like to see you trying to do any student council business.

……ohhh. So he really was interested!

Shinji :: St — no…! It’s called sarcam, sar-casm, got it!? Argh, anyway! No matter how many times you ask me, I’ll never join the student council! Never!

Shinji runs away shouting. …he really is a lot like that quirk of Rin’s. If he’s been investigating, maybe I should try talking to Shinji about that later…

[I briefly check out the janitor’s room, where nothing much is happening.]

Jinako :: I am so completely asleep. Waking up is in my future plans, but I haven’t decided when!

Karna :: Jinako seems to be sleeping while not asleep. This may be another part of her asceticism. Sorry, but could you keep quiet and leave her be.

[And from there I go buy an excessive number of healing items from Kotomine and go to the dungeon!]

Sakura Labyrinth Floor -03: Slave On Syndrome

Caster :: Uwaa, looks like she's getting serious. This looks pretty complicated - I guess it's not called a 'Labyrinth' for nothing.

Sakura :: Scanning of the environs and shield detection completed. I’ve confirmed the presence of a larger number of enemy programs, as well as two shields.

Leo :: And the signal from before we think is Lancer’s singing?

Sakura :: It’s stronger than on the second level.  We’re still able to communicate with Miss Kishinami, however…

Leo :: It’s highly possible that Lancer is here. Which could also mean a direct confrontation with Miss Tohsaka is ahead. Hakuno, prepare as much as you can.
  
Modified from the translation at https://tsukinoura.wordpress.com/2013/07/20/entry-40-keeping-things-brief/. Please support the original translator.

No comments:

Post a Comment