Sunday, August 26, 2018

Entry 23: Scouting: In a closet

[In search of target #3, I go to check out a room I wasn’t able to enter before, tucked away in a corner of the first floor.]

Oh? This doesn’t seem to be a classroom, but it looks like I can enter. It’s unlocked now, so I’ll go in check inside while I can.

2013-07-06_09-39-28_821


Jinako :: Hm, hm…the collapse of occultism in 1970, and the over count incident in 1999…kind of like an oil shock! And so mages all had to totally modernise…Eh, ‘s got nothing to with me, though~ Anyway, this place’s great. Using the school’s dead space, all the necessities of life come free of charge! Hehehe, no matter the circumstances, my shut-in powers are top level! No need to leave here ever~

…and here she is in the janitor’s room. Wrapped up in a futon like a snail, there she is in all her indolence, inertia, and unshapeliness, as she likes…Right. Jinako Karigiri. That slob who was occupying the storage room at the previous school!

Jinako :: Mm? Did the ventilation get better? Reeeaally not feeling as secluded here. Definitely there’s a draft, a steady draft, coming right at me. Meh, let’s just leave it. ‘ve holed myself up in here all the way, anyway. With such preparations, even if I turn around — Gyaaaaaah! What’re you doing! Breaking into my sanctuary, and with your shoes on, I could sue you, y’know!?

Jinako gets up in a panic, and with great force, she tackles me.

[And Hakuno gets thrown out of the room.]

Jinako :: Lock, lock, lock! With a super strong lock I end my turn! Never again shall eyes be set upon the great Jinako!

Crap, while I was standing there dumbfounded, she locked the door to the janitor’s room…I can’t get it anymore. It seems it’s been locked several times over from the inside.

Jinako :: Now, who are you! ‘ve got plenty of bills and newspapers and sermons! You don’t need to come back here ever!

…well that’s quite a rejection. This certainly makes things awkward, but I’m on orders from Leo. I’m sure she’s not an NPC. Which means she’s a Master. As one of the people stuck here, I have to ask her to join the student council.

Jinako :: The student council? To get out of here? …to get out of here? …it’s fine. I’m not coming out. You do you whatever y’like. ‘sides, Leo’s that blonde kid, right? I don’t like ‘im. I can’t deal with real life geniuses. Go advise him to keep away from the great Jinako, lest he be trussed up by threads of deepest envy. Ah, but it’s different for you. There’s something about being with another ordinary person…Maybe it’s me imagining things, but did we maybe meet somewhere before?

I don’t have any positive proof, but I tell her we have. I don’t know how much anything that happened in the other school can be called real, but I know her face. So, it stands to reason that we’ve met.

Jinako :: Thought so. Some occult thing. …hmm…in deference to you, I won’t take the total rejection route. I won’t go to the student council, but I’ll get a live stream of the council room set up in here. Leave the comment feed to me. Course, I’ll just be watching. So don’t expect to get  my opinion. I’m really more of a watcher, y’know~

So it sounds like she won’t leave this room, but she’ll be monitoring the student council meetings from here. I don’t know about the surveillance, but information sharing would be a plus. It would save us the trouble of explaining things to her. But…I feel like it’s dangerous to leave her all alone here in this strange school building —

Caster :: Ah, I know this type of person. The kind where the more you try to talk them the harder they shut themselves in. A "negative spiral jail".

[She said that last bit in english.]

Caster :: Well, I've got some personal experience with that too... To be frank, I didn't even come out until Uzume-chan threw a dance party. Master, let's try someone else. No-good women who shut themselves behind rock doors should be left alone. It's only considerate.

[She's referencing the bit in the Kojiki where Amaterasu hides in a rock cave for a long while until Uzume dances 'promiscuously' outside the cave to lure her out because shockingly enough people like having the sun around. As a side note, she doesn't actually use a subject here, so she could be saying she didn't come out or Amaterasu didn't come out. I think that's intentional. She doesn't like talking about that period.]

It's just as Caster says. I'll give up on inviting her and go look for another master.

Original translation: https://tsukinoura.wordpress.com/2013/07/06/entry-23-scouting-in-a-closet/.

No comments:

Post a Comment