Sunday, August 26, 2018

Entry 27: I miss my Mantras

[So, tutorial battle happens, though I refuse Leo’s actual tutorial as I know exactly how this game plays, thanks. Second option for that. Caster uses melee attacks, but her true strength relies in her skills.]

Caster :: No way! There's no way I'm this weak! Uwaaah, even though we put so much effort into getting them the first time..... "Mantra: Bestial Sky"-chan, come back!

…? Caster looks strange. We valiantly crushed that enemy program, but she makes a face as if we’d been defeated.

Caster :: Uu. That was the defeat of a lifetime. It seems I've returned to a divinity level below even the lowliest fish... The proof of the love we share, my skill levels that we worked so hard to raise have returned to square one! Hmm, could this all be the work of the restraint...? Mm... Maybe half the restraint, half some other type of drain, I think.

This is new information, but I'm not as surprised as I think I should be. After all, I've also returned to a similar state. Between the master with no memories and the servant with no skills, we're two peas in a severely damaged pod.

Leo :: — really? My own Gawain is as normal, but…

[Whoa, you guys are hearing this too?]

Julius :: …Leo. A question about Noble Phantasms. Skills regardless, are their Noble Phantasms in tact?

Noble Phantasms. A Servant’s trump card, the “mark of a hero” that makes their true name clear. All Servants are able to use that manifestation of their legend as a “weapon.” For a famous swordsman, a unique sword. For a hero of myth, a miracle told of in their legend. Caster should be no exception. As I remember, her Noble Phantasm was ---

Caster :: Indeed, it's been perfectly sealed. This seems to be a system lock. A different problem than the restraint. Well, my Noble Phantasm was awarded the honor of "User's Choice Number One Useless Noble Phantasm", so it doesn't really matter...

Leo :: …That is a problem. Setting aside the costume change, being at ground zero is a problem for a servant...

Sakura :: Um... That may not be a problem. It's really difficult even in the Moon Cell to just 'reset' a servant. The curse that forced that formal wear on you is probably temporary. While you wear it your skills might be reset, but if you manage to remove it your skills should return.

Leo :: Oh, really? Well, there’s no problem then. Let’s think of this as good luck instead.

Caster :: Are you some kind of sadist?!

Leo :: It’s good luck. Move on from one to ten. Attain great strength from your present weakness. You have nothing now, so climb out of this predicament and mature — I know well just whose specialty that is, having fought alongside you before, Caster.

[Aww, Leo. You remember Fate/Extra.]

Caster :: Well, I suppose that's true...

Leo :: Then, please begin your exploration. I'm sure you'll overcome all adversity with style.
Caster nods reluctantly in response to Leo’s words. It’s strange, how with my fuzzy memories, Leo 
knows more about me and Caster than I do, but I can’t just stand here. Let’s move forward. 
Original translation: https://tsukinoura.wordpress.com/2013/07/09/entry-27-we-have-a-problem-and-it-is-mostly-gilgamesh/. Please support the original translator.

No comments:

Post a Comment