Sunday, August 26, 2018

Entry 29: Welcome to Fate, everybody has amnesia

Leo :: Aah, it finally connected. Are you all right, Hakuno? That strange jamming earlier…It was like our audio transmissions were getting interference from waves of singing. But we got the visuals from your location. We’ve confirmed the appearance of Miss Tohsaka and her Servant. We’re considering counter-measures to take against the jamming and the fortifications. You can so get some rest now, Hakuno.

Sakura :: Thanks so much for your work, Miss Kishinami. I’ve made a private room for you with my managerial clearance, so please make use of it. It’s at the end of the second floor hallway. I’ve arranged things so all external monitoring of the room is cut – you’ll have complete privacy. We’ll be able to send messages to you when you’re there if we need you, but otherwise you’ll be able to sleep in as much as you like.

[I try to enter the student council room, but Caster has other ideas.]

Caster :: Master, My Room, My Room! Let's leave the investigation for later, right now, [Let's Go] to our room!

[She said 'Let's Go' in English. Also, the room in CCC is called "My Room", also in English. It even has a little placard on the door.] 


I enter the private room Sakura prepared. It’s place for just me, and my Servant. It looks like night from its windows, which must be a sign it’s cut off from the rest of the school. In here we can talk about things we don’t want anyone else to hear.

 

Caster :: Waah, what a nice room! Sakura, GJ! Good job! I've been waiting for such a great atmosphere!

This will be our home base from now on. Caster carefully checks around the room. It's... kind of embarassing, but the second we get in the door, I nearly collapse from exhaustion. Too much has happened. Both my body and heart are exhausted. I can again feel the weight of my inexperience, and it weighs on me as Caster turns towards me and begins to speak..

Caster :: Um, Master? It took me a while to work up the resolve to ask this, but...

[She uses an analogy here, saying her resolve is equal to that of someone jumping off the stage of the Kiyomizu temple. Not really sure how to translate that.]

Caster :: Could you possibly have... forgotten me?

Hearing that makes my heart hurt. I'm not sure why I hadn't said anything up until now. I might have lost some memories, but the events that have transpired engraved themselves on my body and soul. I'm incredibly ashamed of myself for making Caster ask such a question.

Caster :: Ah, awawawa, it's okay, it's okay! I'm not angry or anything, I just wanted to check! But... Master, you look like you're in a lot of pain. It might be forward of me, but please allow me to reassure you.

Caster bows her head apologetically.

...The one who should be apologizing is me. Caster is trying to help me - she sees problems with me that I've been trying to cover up and is trying to make sure I'm okay. Well, it's never too late to start. I confess what I've been mulling over honestly. I'm in a state where I basically only remember my name. I have vague recollections of the Holy Grail War Caster and I fought together, but I can't seem to remember anything distinctly.

It's even possible that all I think I know are dummy memories planted by someone or something. What if I'm a fake?

Caster :: Ah, don't worry about that. Even if you've lost your memories, you're you ♥. Please at least have confidence in that. You know, there's no way I could mistake your spirit's scent. The markings I left won't disappear that easily.

...Um, what? Didn't she just casually say something extremely worrying?

Caster :: Mikooon! N-No, no, I was just talking to myself! But more importantly, um, too bad! You probably forgot our passionate rooftop confession, the dazzling night after, how you unfastened...

Caster ::: As a loyal wife, I'm sad... *crying*. We were so intimate! Other Servants couldn't even come close...

Caster wipes her face with the arm of her western dress and begins making crying noises... As if. She's clearly messing with me. In he first place, disregarding the possibility of those things ever happening, I'm one hundred percent sure those are crocodile tears.

Caster :: ...Darn. From that reaction, I can tell you at least remember the most important bits. As expected of my Master, who possesses an iron sense of self-restraint. Even though your memories might be weak, your resolve never falters, huh?

Caster :: Well then, I guess it's confession time. Truth be told.... I uh.... Also forgot quite a few things. Teehee. I remember fighting with you in the Grail War, but... well.. some of the memories are all jumbled up? Ah, I know why though. Servants aren't really designed to hold on to their memories. I'm lucky I even kept what I did. But the reason why you lost yours is almost certainly something else! We're involved in something fishy, for sure!

 ...I see. Just like Leo's Gawain, Caster seems to have a fragmented memory, too. I suppose she must understand what I'm talking about when I say my memories are fuzzy. In my case, I see it as a serious injury, but Caster just smiles and counts it as normal for her.

Caster :: Let's think about it like that, Master! We can start growing our love from ground zero again - I'd say we're lucky!

[Lucky in English.]

Caster :: Alright, we've got a huge pile of things to do tomorrow! For tonight, let's leave things at this - be sure to rest well and heal your body for tomorrow. Alright, let's get under the covers together - Hmm? May I inquire why my pillow is over in the corner of the room? Are you telling your pink fox to restrain herself for the first night?

Caster ::: Noo! That's so boring, Master!

[Presumably, Hakunon leaves Caster on the floor and we fade to black. Cold.]

Gil route version: https://tsukinoura.wordpress.com/2013/07/11/entry-29-rooming-with-the-king-of-heroes/

No comments:

Post a Comment