Sunday, August 26, 2018

Entry 31: If only I had summoned Sigmund Freud

Kiara :: Oh my, what a serious face. I heard that you entered the mysterious arena, but did something happen there?

I tell Kiara about what happened in the Sakura Labyrinth. How I entered the unknown arena with the student council as backup, how we were thwarted by a mysterious wall, and how I met Rin, who was acting strangely, and a Servant of unknown nature.

Kiara :: Oh…what to think. While I was meekly counting the stains on this wall in my own lack of strength, such things…but, I’m relieved. Heehee, the Sakura Labyrinth? You always look so quiet, Hakuno, but you’re doing well for yourself, aren’t you?

Kiara flushes, and clasps her hands happily. Umm…why?

Kiara :: So many people forcing their way into Sakura…and it was the first time, too, wasn’t it? Being told of how you met with such a scene of action…well, as a woman, I…

…I should correct her. This woman may really be…something.

Kiara :: What? That’s not what you’re saying? The Sakura Labyrinth is the name of the arena? Oh, oh! My, my, my…I’m sorry you had to hear my wild ideas. Yes, of course. Let’s keep this between us, Hakuno. Ahahaha.

…I wonder if Kiara is the sort of young woman with a lot of superficial knowledge about sex and such? That aside, I hand her the data on the shield that Leo gave me. I explain the situation to Kiara, and ask whether she notices anything, even something trivial.

Kiara :: I’ve had a look at it, but I can’t take this down this for you. Or rather, this is something that should not be taken down.

Kiara looks straight at me, reproving all of us who would break the shield.

Kiara :: …but, I suppose you can’t just accept that. Hakuno. The person in this data, this…Rin Tohsaka, was it? She say anything to you? Those who touch this door will not be forgiven…Have some sensitivity, enemy of women…It’s frustrating, but it’s how I feel…that kind of thing?

…I remember talking to Rin. If I think about it…”Don’t stare at people’s hearts.” I think she said something with that implication…?

Kiara :: It’s as I suspected, then. This fortification isn’t made of orderly logic. It’s human emotion…a wall of the heart, materialized from the desire to hide one’s true character and qualities. I imagine it’s there to guard the secrets of her heart. On Earth, there are medical practices, during psychotherapy, where one dives into the patient’s spirit and removes the source of their suffering, however…when doing so, there’s a high chance of walls like this appearing. They will turn away the quasi-digitalized wizard, or destroy them, if it’s an extremely dangerous fortification. Leo would be unfamiliar with medical treatments…or rather clinical psychology. It’s not impossible that he’s never heard of this. Still, I’ve never seen anything of this scope and strength before either. Rin is rejecting us powerfully.

A wall of the heart…That’s the true nature of the shield. Rin said that that arena was her castle. Which it to say, that wall protects Rin’s heart, and past it lie Rin’s secrets —

Caster :: Ahhh... If that theory is true, that wall would be pretty strong... Actually, by normal logic, it'd be impossible. The strength of a maiden trying to protect secrets is like the heart of a thousand-year-old oak tree.

[She referenced Yakushima? Not really sure what she's getting at, and Google isn't helping.]

Kiara :: …*sigh* There’s no help for it. I’m opposed to destroying the walls of the heart…the shield, but Rin is behaving like a different person from before, you say? If that’s the case, drastic measures may be called for. Though my abilities are poor, I’ll cooperate with you. Please lead me to the student council room. How to unravel the human heart — if my methods are all right with you, I’ll show you my handiwork.

Poker-faced, Kiara says she’ll help with out shield counter-measures. It’s more than I expected. Let’s go to the student council room and report to Leo.

Original translation here: https://tsukinoura.wordpress.com/2013/07/12/entry-31-if-only-i-had-summoned-sigmund-freud/. Please support the original translator.

No comments:

Post a Comment