Saturday, August 25, 2018

Welcome to the Caster/CCC route!

Hello! I'm Kobold. I translate stuff. I've done a bunch of comics, a manga that got cancelled after two chapters (Koitsume Youhei no Gensou Kitan), and some stuff that I don't talk about. I'm also somewhat inactively working on a novel translation. I take commissions, email me at koboldpriest@gmail.com.

The reason I'm making a blog is because I'd like to get started doing a translation of the Caster route in Fate/Extra CCC - one of my friends doesn't like. I don't know how far I'll get - maybe all of it, maybe one chapter and done. Either way, it'll be more than has been translated already. Caster, as much as I like her, is a huge pain to translate, so I'm not sure how close to the original I can get. Let me know if you'd make any changes.

We'll be doing Caster's route, but also making all the choices necessary for the CCC route (True). It'll diverge a bit from the already-released normal route translation, particularly once we near the second half. Then I'll translate both the Servant ending and the CCC ending (assuming I don't mess up.)

I'm not redoing all the fantastic work that's already been done, I'm just going to repost the translation of the Gilgamesh route done by CapellaAurigae and located here: https://tsukinoura.wordpress.com/entry-index/ with adjustments made to fit Caster's route. The translation is fantastic, and I have zero problems with it. If you're the mysterious hero who owns this site and are reading this, I'd be happy to do whatever you'd like with this TL - I realize that rehosting a large part of your translation is a little grey-area, but I can't think of another way to properly do this aside from retranslating the entire thing, which would have two problems - I'm not willing to do that, and the translation will be inferior. I'll make sure I credit you each post. If you want this taken down, please contact me!

With that said, let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment