Sunday, August 26, 2018

Entry 25 Extra: Apologies for our Gawain

[I’ve been largely passing over the incidental dialogue when you talk to people between main scenes, which is mostly reiterating points from the larger scenes, but I found this exchange worth translating.]

Gawain :: I have been assigned to guard the student council room. This place is the governing center of the old school building’s systems…Which I suppose is why the very strongest of us is stationed here.

Leo :: I’m sorry, Hakuno. Gawain means well. If he gets on your nerves, please accept my apologies.

Gawain :: ? I said nothing that wasn’t obvious. It should be the work of the lower ranks of soldiers to investigate enemy territory, and while the most distinguished knights protect the stronghold. Therefore, we cannot leave the protection of this place to Miss Kishinami. If this order were over turned, that would be a problem, I would think.

Julius :: …sorry, Kishinami. Sir Gawain has this straightforward, guileless personality. 

Hopefully you can forgive him. …once you get used to it,
you’ll understand what he’s trying to say.

Gawain :: What, you too, Julius!? Why are you two apologizing!?

[Speaking to Gawain afterward:]

Gawain :: It seems the way I spoke has caused some misunderstanding. It appeared I was belittling you…I apologize. …*sighs* Another quirk of this era…I miss Camelot…

2013-07-08_13-18-07_280


[Dejected Gawain face! I am personally going to accept this as an apology for Gawain’s general obnoxiousness toward me and my Servants in Fate/Extra. I mean, I know she’s Nero, but she’s my Servant, and I won’t stand for you addressing her as the Whore of Babylon, Gawain.]

Unchanged from original translation: https://tsukinoura.wordpress.com/2013/07/08/entry-25-extra-apologies-for-our-gawain/. Please support the original translator.

No comments:

Post a Comment